– I think it is kind of odd when someone comes up with a cutesy term for things happening in the government. One guy says “fiscal cliff” and then everyone else keeps repeating the term like it means something. A fiscal cliff is not a thing. And the inability of government representatives to make decisions together is not cute. It wouldn’t even be cute if you put a onesie on it.
– When I observe God’s goodness, it makes me laugh. People might cry, or sing, or dance in response to an answered prayer or experience with Jesus. But I laugh. This is not something I can explain. But it’s kind of our language.
– Usually when I live alone, I don’t use the heat in the winter to save money. I budget for the dollars, I just like saving the dollars anyway. I have been using it in moderation lately. I’ll be honest. It rules.
– I have really disliked waking up early this week. More than usual. Tomorrow I think I will set my alarm for 6am, just so I can turn it off and go back to sleep. That’s what I always want to do, but I never can. These are the kind of insane things you can do when you’re single. Live it up, that’s what I say.
– Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent. – from Psalm 91. This is where I laugh, because what? This is real.
– I know I’ve been over this before, but I feel compelled to say it anyway. I really don’t like Christmas decorations. I don’t understand them. Why do people inflate plastic things on their lawns, and hang fake icicles on their houses? I feel like we need to collectively take a step back and think about this. There is one house in my parent’s neighborhood that has a giant deer in the yard. No, you don’t understand. It’s as tall as the house. It’s solid white. I think it’s supposed to be “classy” or something, because it’s all white and doesn’t have any glitter or lights. But it’s a giant deer as tall as the house. Just a single, giant deer. How is that supposed to make me feel?